The Storage room is a room to store things (e.g. fridge, microwave and small furniture) during the summer break. It always opens at the beginning and end of the summer break. Storage is free for club members with a valid basic membership.
You can find it on the ground floor of block A, room 19.
The Storage room opening is managed by the Storage room Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) The opening dates are always announced in advance. It is not possible to open the Storage room individually. If you are not able to come during the dates listed, please send us your suggestions for dates (at least 3 workdays in advance) and if more people are interested, we will open at another date.
Before storing your belongings, it is necessary to read the Operation rules and understand the rules for the storage of your belongings.
Part I - Operator
The operator of the storage room is the CTU Student Union, Pod-O-Lee Club, address Jugoslávských partzánů 1580/3, Dejvice, 160 00 Prague 6 -IČO. 67981224.
Part II - General data
The Operator has rented room No. 19 located on the ground floor of Block A from the Service Facilities Administration of the CTU under the Contract for the purpose of using this room as a Storage Room. The Storage Room is a room intended for storage of items over the summer break.
In case of a trip or internship abroad, individual agreement with the person managing the Storage Room (hereinafter referred to as the Storage Room Administrator) is necessary. The Storage Room is only for members of the Pod-O-Lee Club with a valid basic membership. Service Facilities Administration of the CTU in connection with the Contract shall not be responsible for the activities of the Club in this room.
Part III - Storage room Operating Rules
- Access to the Storage room of the Pod-O-Lee Club of the CTU Student Union (hereinafter referred to as the Storage room) is only available to members of the Pod-O-Lee Club who have a valid basic membership and paid their fees, or whose fees have been waived by the Board of Directors of the Pod-O-Lee Club (hereinafter referred to as the Board of Directors). For a description of how to become a member and instructions on how to pay fees, please visit the website: https://pod.cvut.cz/platby/.
- A person who has paid the membership fee and uses the facilities of the Storage room is called a user of the Storage room (hereinafter referred to as the User) and by entering the room agrees to the Operating Rules of the Pod-O-Lee of the CTU Student Union (hereinafter referred to as the Operating Rules) and agrees to follow them.
- It is strictly forbidden to store perishable or expirable items in the Storage room.
- Access to the room is possible only with the Administrator of the Storage room or his/her authorized representative.
- The room is not being inspected or repaired on a regular basis. The room shall be used only for the storage of items and for their retrieval.
- The Storage room Administrator and the Pod-O-Lee Club refuse any liability for damage to items stored in the Storage room.
- Smoking, the use of alcohol, or the use of addictive substances is prohibited in the Storage room.
- In the event that the User damages the equipment in the Storage room or the Storage room itself, the matter must be dealt with immediately by the Storage room Administrator. If damage is found to the room equipment or the room itself, the User must report it immediately to the Storage room Administrator.
- There is a Wi-Fi wireless network available in the room, and when using it the user must follow the Academic Network Usage Policy as well as the SU Pod-O-Lee Club internal regulations regarding the use of the computer network.
- A one-time exception to these rules may be granted by the Board of Directors or the Storage room Administrator in justified cases.
- The Storage room Users must follow the instructions of the Storage room administrator or the Board of Directors. Failure to comply is a violation of the Storage room Operation rules!
- Any violation of the Operating rules will be punished according to the restrictive measures listed below, or the rules of the Pod-O-Lee Club, or according to the applicable laws of the Czech Republic.
- By entering the room, all visitors agree to the recording of video footage that may be used in the event of a violation of any of the Operating rules. The handling of CCTV footage is regulated in the Internal regulation redgarding CCTV system.
- If a user voluntarily chooses to store his/her belongings in the Storage room, he/she declares that he/she has read and understood the state of the Storage room and considers the premises suitable for leaving his/her belongings there.
- The stored items must meet the following conditions:
- the items are in a condition which does not pose a risk of causing any damage to other items left in the Storage room or to the Storage room itself,
- the items are not of a nondurable nature and are not perishable,
- the items are properly packed and properly labelled. The description must be legible, and must include the owner’s name and surname or ID (Hydra).
- The user understands that:
- other users will store items in the suitcase,
- in the event of a phone call or e-mail order, the user must immediately remove the items from the Storage room, even before the end of the agreed period of time, if the items are in a condition threatening to cause damage to other people’s belongings or the Storage room. If the User fails to do so, the CTU Student Union (represented by the Pod-O-Lee Club, hereinafter referred to as SU) is entitled to dispose of the items as waste, to which the User agrees without compensation and will not claim any damages against SU arising from this agreed procedure,
- in the event of damage to the room or to the belongings of other Users caused by the User’s belongings, the User is obliged to pay the full amount of the damage to the entitled parties.
- Neither the Storage room Administrator nor the Pod-O-Lee Club shall be obliged to care for, inspect, or in any way maintain or check the state of the Storage room.
- The Storage room Administrator has the sole right to refuse to store items that, in his/her opinion, do not meet the conditions or he/she does not agree to store.
- The Administrator shall have the right to enforce the rules and regulations of the room. Failure to do so will result in the User being denied the use of the Storage room.
- The User undertakes to remove the items from the Storage room no later than on the last day of the agreed period. If the User does not remove his/her belongings on the agreed date, he/she will be notified by e-mail. If the User fails to collect his/her belongings within 10 days after contacting the Storage room Administrator, his/her belongings may be considered waste and discarded.
- The User declares that, considering the low value of the items, he/she agrees to this procedure (discarding the items) without compensation and will not claim any damages against the Pod-O-Lee Club resulting from this agreed procedure.
Part IV - Restrictive measures for violation of the Operating rules
- The word “BAN” means the blocking of a basic membership for a specific or indefinite period of time.
- The following possible sanctions are established for violation of any item in Part III, according to their severity (each offense will be judged individually):
- a warning by email with a deadline for correction,
- alternative punishment as agreed with the Storage room Administrator or the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors,
- blocking of the service for a certain period of time, i.e. granting a BAN on the basic membership of the Pod-O-Lee club and thus preventing access to the Storage room (granting a BAN on the basic membership of the Pod-O-Lee club),
- blocking the service permanently, i.e. granting a BAN on the basic membership of the Pod-O-Lee club and thus preventing access to the Storage room,
- punishment by the disciplinary committees of the faculties of CTU,
- handing the matter over to the Police of the Czech Republic,
- enforcement of financial compensation of the Operator for the damage caused by the User in the Storage room.
- The decision to enforce the punishment is made by the Storage room Administrator after consulting with the Board of Directors of the Club.
- All penalties may be lifted by the Storage room Administrator or by the Board of Directors of the Club.
Part V - Final conditions
- These Operating Rules shall become effective immediately upon their posting on the official website of the Pod-O-Lee Club.