PC room is placed in the block C basement. When accessed via the main block door to the left, downstairs, through the first door on the left.
Access is granted to every Pod-O-Lee member with the basic membership.
If you have trouble accessing the PC room, visit a televizor which will tell you how to proceed. Printer and small library is located at the PC room.
Books are in czech. Collection composes of professional books as well as novels, fantasy, sci-fy, horrors and criminal.
You can borrow the books on your own, without the need to agree with anybody. You can also leave any book of your own.
Print prices were stated to be 0,90 CZK for a monochromatic page and 4 CZK for colored page (price of paper included).
In order to use the printer a credit needs to be payed. Credit can be raised via e-mail agreement.
In order to start printing on our printer, you have to contact one of administrators of PC room (Contacts page).
After registration, you can login to web interface of print system: https://printer.pod.cvut.cz. To check printing credit you can login to your virtual wallet: https://payments.printer.pod.cvut.cz/payment-system/customer/login.
- Sending scanned document by emial is not working yet. If you wnat to scan, you have to scan to USB drive.
- Do not forget the fact that the printer prints coloured pages primarily, if you need to print monochromatic, you need to have it set correctly. Photography print is prohibited.
Questions, objections and malfunctions can be sent to email@example.com.
Part I - Operator
The operator of the PC room is the CTU Student Union (furthermore referred to as SU), address Na Lysině 772/12, 147 00 Prague 4-Podolí - IČO 67981224.
Part II - General data
The PC room is a room intended primarily for studying or holding meetings for the Pod-O-Lee club members. It is located in the block C basement, first door on the left upon entering the basement.
Part III - PC room operating rules
- Entry to the PC room of the Pod-O-Lee club of the CTU Student Union (furthermore referred to as PC room) is only available to members of the Pod-O-Lee club who have a valid basic membership or who have been granted a waiver of this fee by the Board of Directors of the Pod-O-Lee club (hereinafter referred to as the Board of Directors) after a reservation has been properly made in the Olymp system (https://olymp.pod.cvut.cz) and an email with the relevant information has been sent. For a description of how to become a member and instructions on how to pay dues, please visit the website here: https://pod.cvut.cz/platby/.
- A person who has paid the membership fee and uses the PC room facilities is called a PC room user (furthermore referred to as the user) and by entering the room agrees to the Operating Rules of the PC room Club Pod-O-Lee of the CTU Student Union (furthermore referred to as the Operating Rules) and agrees to obey them.
- The PC room consists of two rooms, the front room (where the printer is located) and the back room. The back room can be rented for personal use under the rules stated above, see section 10.
- A card system is used to enter the PC room. Each PC room user must sign in with their card on the card reader when entering the PC room. The last user to enter is required to close the entrance door with the card reader behind them. Thus, the number of users in the room must be the same as the number of cards logged in. The access card is non-transferable, i.e. it is used to enter the room only for the cardholder.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring visitors who are not members of the club and do not have an active membership into the room without the consent of the PC room administrator, the appropriate reservation of the back room of the PC room, or the approval of the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors.
- The user is obliged to keep the PC room tidy, especially during the night-time peace (which is set at 22:00 - 7:00), so as not to disturb other users of the room and residents of the block. Moving or removing furniture in the PC room without the permission of the PC room administrator or his/her representative or the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors is prohibited. The user must be respectful of the PC room equipment and treat it in a manner that will not damage it. When using the whiteboard, the user shall handle it in such a way as to avoid damaging it and wasting the marker unnecessarily.
- It is forbidden to smoke, consume alcohol, take drugs or enter the classroom wearing shoes that leave any dirt. It is allowed to consume and bring in drinks and food that meet the following conditions:
- All beverages must be in any leak-proof container with a resealable lid that is closed immediately after drinking.
- All food must be in sealable containers. (In the case of non-packaged food, it must be brought in some sort of leak-proof, sealable container.)
- Neither food nor beverages shall contain addictive or psychotropic substances.
- All food and beverage containers must be removed by the user when leaving the PC room, or use the appropriate mixed and separated waste bins in the PC room.
- The user is obliged to keep the floor, desk, shelves and other equipment of the PC room clean. In the event that the user damages the PC room equipment or the PC room itself, the user must immediately address this with the PC room administrator or, if possible, try to prevent the problem from spreading and report it to the PC room administrator immediately afterwards. If damage is found to the PC room equipment or the PC room itself, the user must report it immediately to the PC room administrator or his/her representative.
- Upon leaving, the user shall check the condition of the space he/she has been using up to that time and return it to its original condition and clean it up. Chairs must be retracted to their original location. After using the board, the user must clean it. If he/she is the last user in the room, he/she must return the room to its original condition, i.e. close the windows, turn off the lights, check and clean the rest of the room if necessary, and close the entrance door to the back room. When leaving, each user must sign out with their own card they used to enter the room and the last person leaving the room must close the door behind them.
- It is forbidden to tamper in any way with the wiring and connections of the printer or computers in the classroom. Use of computers is covered in Section IV and printers in Section V.
- It is forbidden to use unnecessarily too much of the PC room space without a reservation for one’s own use than is necessary, thus blocking space for other users.
- It is forbidden to disturb other users while working in the PC room, it is necessary to be polite and respectful to all other users present in the PC room. The user shall not disturb others e.g. by loud music from the speakers and shall immediately turn it down when requested by the user or the PC room administrator. If the user’s actions are disturbing someone else and he/she does not stop the activity when asked, the person carrying out the activity may be punished for breaking the rules in section 16!
- The PC room has data sockets and a wifi wireless network, when using these the user must follow the Academic Network Usage Policy as well as the SU Pod-O-Lee Club IP Computer Network Usage Policy.
- The back room of the PC room can be reserved using the reservation system (https://olymp.pod.cvut.cz), reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance and notified by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The message must include: first name, last name, ID, purpose of the rental, who will be in the room at the time of the reservation, and must also specifically indicate the time from XX:XX to XX:XX that the person wishes to reserve the room. The room can be rented without interruption for a maximum of 24 hours.
- In justified cases, the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors or the PC room administrator may grant a one-time exception to this policy.
- Users of the PC room must follow the instructions of the PC room administrator, his/her representative or the Board of Directors. Failure to obey this rule is a violation of classroom rules!
- Any violation of the Operations Rules will be punished according to the restrictive measures listed below, or the rules of the Pod-O-Lee Club, or according to the applicable laws of the country.
- By entering the room, all visitors agree to the taking of video footage that may be used in the event of a violation of any of the rules. The handling of CCTV footage is regulated in the IP CCTV system.
- Neither the PC room administrators nor the Pod-O-Lee Club are responsible for damage to items brought in (e.g. money, electronics, clothing, etc.) by PC room users.
- PC room users use the equipment in the PC room at their own risk, ensuring that all equipment is free from defects preventing safe use before use, and if a defect is found, they must report it to the PC room administrator or his/her representative.
- The PC room administrator shall be responsible for the operation of the PC room and for the observance of its regulations.
- In the event that a user finds an item belonging to another user, the user shall bring the item to the PC room administrator or the administrator’s representative.
Part IV - Rules for the use of computers and projectors
- When using a data projector, the user must ensure that it is switched on for the necessary amount of time to avoid unnecessary wear and tear on the bulb.
- using monitors, the user must ensure that they are switched on for the necessary amount of time to avoid unnecessary wear and tear.
- When handling computers or data projectors, it is necessary to take care not to damage them.
- When using the computer, the user must observe the rules of the academic network according to the relevant internal regulation of the Rules for the Use of the SU Pod-O-Lee Club Computer Network and use the PC in such a way as not to damage it.
- The user must not interfere with the PC settings without the permission of the PC room administrator or network administrator.
- In justified cases, the Board of Directors or PC room administrator may grant a one-time exception to these rules.
- Any violation of the rules for use of computers and projectors will be punished according to the restrictive measures listed below, or the rules of the Pod-O-Lee Club, or according to the applicable laws of the Czech Republic.
- Upon the request of the Administrator or a representative of the Administrator, the person must cease any activity currently in progress with the computer(s) or data projector(s) and allow the person to work with the item. Failure to carry out the activity is a violation of the operating rules.
- The use of computers and data projectors is the responsibility of the PC Room Administrator and his/her representative(s).
Part V - Rules for using the printer
- The printer is located in the front room of the PC room and is available to all club members who have set up an account with the PC room administrator or his/her representative, have paid the basic membership fee and have their own chip card added to the printer system (or printer login code).
- Use of the printer is priced according to the current price list posted by the printer and can also be found on the club website at https://pod.cvut.cz.
- In the case of printing it is necessary to follow the printer manual, which is attached to the printer.
- When inserting a USB drive into the printer, care must be taken not to destroy the input connectors. The USB drive must be in FAT32 format. Additionally, it must not contain any viruses that could damage the printer software. If these rules are not followed, financial compensation may be enforced, according to the restrictive measures section.
- When handling the printer, it is necessary to be gentle with it so that it is not unnecessarily damaged.
- It is forbidden to print on someone else’s account without the express permission of the other person.
- It is strictly forbidden to print photographs on the printer!
- The user is forbidden to interfere with the settings of the printer and its electrical wiring in any way. The user is also obliged to obey the operating rules of the PC classroom in which he/she is located.
- In case of finding a problem on the printer, it is necessary to immediately contact one of the printer administrators at email@example.com or in person to report the problem found on the printer.
- If the printer runs out of paper (A4 or A3) or ink, this must be reported immediately to the Printer Administrator or a representative of the Printer Administrator who will restock the printer. The actual restocking is a violation of the printer use policy.
- In justified cases, the Board of Directors or the PC room administrator may grant a one-time exception to this policy.
- Any violation of the printer use policy will be punished according to the restrictive measures listed below, or the rules of the Pod-O-Lee Club, or applicable state law.
- Upon request of the administrator or representative of the administrator, the individual must cease the activity currently in progress with the printer and allow the administrator to work with the printer. Failure to comply is a violation of classroom rules!
- The PC Room Administrator and his/her representative(s) are responsible for the operation of the printer.
- The PC Room Administrator, or his/her representative(s), is responsible for collecting the user’s credit balance and, upon request, is required to issue a receipt to the user for the credit balance transaction on their printer account.
Part VI - Restrictive measures for breach of the Order
- The word BAN means blockage of basic membership for a specific or indefinite period of time.
- For violation of any of the points in Parts III, IV and V, the following possible sanctions are introduced according to their severity (each offence will be judged individually):
- A warning by email with a deadline for correction,
- Alternative punishment as agreed upon by the PC room administrator or the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors,
- blocking the service for a certain period of time, i.e. issuing a BAN to Pod-O-Lee, and thus preventing access to the PC room, i.e. issuing a BAN
- blocking the service permanently, i.e. granting a BAN and thus preventing access to the PC room,
- sanction by the disciplinary committees of the faculties of the CTU,
- referral to the Police of the Czech Republic,
- cancellation of the printer account and loss of all money in the account,
- recovery of financial compensation from the Pod-O-Lee Club for damage caused by the user in the PC room.
- The PC Room Administrator, in consultation with the Board of Directors of the Pod-O-Lee Club, will decide on the penalty.
- All penalties may be waived by the PC Room Administrator, the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors, or the Head of Dormitory.
Part VII - Final provisions
These operating rules shall become effective immediately upon their posting at the Pod-O-Lee official page.