Pod-O-Games is a room dedicated to gamers and movie projections located in A block ground floor. There is PS4 with VR, Nintendo Switch and Oculus Quest 2. To name a few, for NS we have Mariokart Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Pokemon Shield. For PS4 we have the Mafia trilogy, Red Dead Redemption II, Fifa 19 and for VR we have Superhot, Beat Saber or Gran Turismo.
Complete list of games is available here: List of games in Pod-O-Games.
The room is equipped with a 4K projector to which you can also connect your own PC and watch a movie. Sound is delivered by Bose speakers, so we apologize to everyone above the gaming room. There are also a handful of fatboys and a convertible couch. We also have racing seat Playseat Fanatec, in which you can enjoy racing games.
The operating rules are below. Everyone receiving the keys to the room is obliged to leave a signature indicating an agreement with the rules and agrees that not only him/herself, but also everyone visiting the room understands the rules. Breaking any of the rules will be punished by further ban from using the room.
1. Steps to borrow the room
- Before entering the room is necessary to have a reservation at least 24 hours before in the Olymp reservation system.
- Send an e-mail with important info (date, name, room, ID) to email@example.com.
- Upon entering the room, the Borrower states that he/she has read and understands the Operating rules.
2. Rules of reservation
- The Borrower confirms the reservation upon taking over the keys and entering the room.
- Max duration of reservation is 6 hours.
- Reservation can be modifiet 24 hours before its begining.
- Reservation can be made max 14 days in advance.
- Entering the room can be max 15 minutes before the start of the reservation.
Part I - Operator
The operator of the Pod-O-Games is the CTU Student Union (furthermore referred to as SU), address Na Lysině 772/12, 147 00 Prague 4-Podolí - IČO 67981224.
Part II - General data
The Pod-O-Games is a room intended primarily for relaxing and usage of your free time. It is located at the block A ground floor, first door on the left upon entering the block.
Part III - Pod-O-Games operating rules
- Entry to the Pod-O-Games of the Pod-O-Lee club of the CTU Student Union (hereinafter referred to as Pod-O-Games) is only available to members of the Pod-O-Lee club who have a valid basic membership or who have been granted a waiver of this fee by the Board of Directors of the Pod-O-Lee club (hereinafter referred to as the Board of Directors) after a reservation has been properly made in the Olymp system and an email with the relevant information has been sent. For a description of how to become a member and instructions on how to pay dues, please visit the website here: https://pod.cvut.cz/platby/.
- A person who has paid the membership fee and uses the Pod-O-Games facilities is called a Pod-O-Games user (furthermore referred to as the user) and by entering the room agrees to the Operating Rules of the Pod-O-Games Club Pod-O-Lee of the CTU Student Union (furthermore referred to as the Operating Rules) and agrees to obey them.
- The Pod-O-Games consists of two rooms, the front (hallway) and the back (main room).
- It is strictly forbidden to bring visitors to the Pod-O-Games who are not members of the club and do not have an active membership, without the consent of the Pod-O-Games administrator, which is linked to the respective reservation, or without the consent of the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors.
- It is prohibited to sleep in the Pod-O-Games room, to accommodate others, or to re-rent the room to anyone. You are also prohibited from engaging in or observing any sexual activities in the room.
- No pets or other animals allowed.
- The user is obliged to keep the room tidy, especially during the night time (which is set for the period from 22:00 to 7:00), so as not to disturb the residents of the block.
- It is forbidden to move or remove furniture in the Pod-O-Games without the consent of the Pod-O-Games Administrator or his/her representative or the Board of Directors. The user shall treat the Pod-O-Games equipment with respect and handle it in a way that will not damage it.
- It is prohibited to smoke, consume alcohol, use drugs or enter the main Pod-O-Games room wearing shoes. Shoes are stored in the shoe cabinet in the front room upon entering the Pod-O-Games. It is permitted to consume and bring drinks and food into the front room of the Pod-O-Games that meet the following conditions:
- All beverages must be in any leak proof container with a sealable lid that is closed immediately after drinking.
- All food items must be in sealable containers. (For non-packaged foods, they must be brought in some sort of leak-proof, sealable container.)
- Neither food nor beverages shall contain addictive or psychotropic substances.
- All food and beverage containers must be removed by the user upon leaving the Pod-O-Games area, or use the designated bins for mixed waste in the Pod-O-Games room.
- The user is obliged to keep the floor, table, shelves and other Pod-O-Games equipment clean. In the event that the user damages the Pod-O-Games equipment or the Pod-O-Games room itself, the user must immediately address the issue with the Pod-O-Games Administrator or, if possible, attempt to prevent the problem from spreading and report it immediately afterwards to the Pod-O-Games Administrator or his/her representative. If damage is found to the room equipment or the room itself, the user must report it immediately to the Pod-O-Games Administrator or his/her representative.
- Upon leaving, the user is obliged to check the condition of the premises he/she has been using until then and return the room to its original state, i.e. close the windows, turn off the lights, check and clean the rest of the room and close the entrance door. Upon leaving, the user must hand over the keys to the room to the Pod-O-Games Administrator or his/her representative, unless other agreements have been made with them.
- The user shall not disturb others, e.g. by loud music, and shall immediately turn it down at the request of the residents or the Pod-O-Games Administrator (“representative of the Administrator”). If the person’s actions are disturbing someone else and does not stop the activity when asked, the person conducting the activity may be penalized for violating the rules according to section 17!
- There is a wireless wifi network in the room and when using it, the user must follow the Academic Network Usage Policy as well as the IP Usage Policy for the SU Pod-O-Lee Club computer network.
- The Pod-O-Games room must be reserved using the reservation system, reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance and notified to firstname.lastname@example.org. The message must include: first name, last name, ID, date, and the specific time from XX:XX to XX:XX hours at which the person wishes to reserve the room. The room can be rented for a maximum of 6 hours. Another reservation can only be made after 12 hours have passed from the end of the previous reservation. At the end of the reservation, the reserved room must be restored to its original state.
- In justified cases, the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors or the Pod-O-Games Administrator may grant a one-time exception to these rules.
- Users of the Pod-O-Games must follow the instructions of the Pod-O-Games Administrator, his/her designee, or the Board of Directors. Failure to obey this rule is a violation of Pod-O-Games rules!
- Any violation of the operating rules will be punished according to the restrictive measures listed below, or the rules of the Pod-O-Lee Club, or according to the applicable laws of the Czech Republic.
- By entering the room, all visitors agree to the taking of video footage that may be used in the event of a rule violation. The handling of CCTV footage is regulated in the IP CCTV system. Cameras may not be covered or manipulated with in any way.
- Neither the administrators nor the Pod-O-Lee Club are responsible for the personal belongings (e.g. money, electronics, clothing, etc.) of Pod-O-Games users.
- Users of the Pod-O-Games use the equipment in the room at their own risk, making sure that all equipment is free of defects prior to use, and if a defect is found, they are required to report the defect to the Pod-O-Games Administrator or his/her representative.
- The Pod-O-Games Administratoris responsible for the management of the room and for the enforcement of its rules and regulations.
- In the event that a user finds an item belonging to another user, the user shall bring the item to the Pod-O-Games Administrator or the his/her representative.
Part IV - Rules of Usage of PS4, PS4 VR, Nintendo Switch, Oculus Quest 2, Playseat Fanatec and Data Projector
- When using the projector, the user must ensure that it is turned on for the time required to avoid unnecessary wear and tear on the projector’s bulb.
- When using the PS4, PS4 VR, Nintendo Switch, Oculus Quest 2 and Playseat Fanatec (furthermore referred to as game consoles), the user must ensure that they are switched on for the required amount of time and therefore do not wear unnecessarily.
- If handling the game consoles or the data projector is permitted, it is necessary to be careful not to damage them.
- When using the games consoles, the user must obey the rules of the academic network according to the relevant internal regulation of the Rules of Use of the SU Pod-O-Lee Club Computer Network and use the games consoles in a way that does not damage them.
- The user must not interfere with the settings of the game consoles without the consent of the Pod-O-Games administrator or the network administrator.
- In justified cases, the Board of Directors or the Pod-O-Games Administrator may grant a one-time exception to these rules.
- Any violation of the rules of use of the game consoles and projector will be punished according to the restrictive measures below, or the rules of the Pod-O-Lee Club, or according to the applicable laws of the Czech Republic.
- Upon the request of an administrator or representative of an administrator, the person must stop the current activity with the game consoles or data projector and allow the person to work with the item. Failure to conduct the activity in question is a violation of the policy.
- Operation of game consoles and projectors is the responsibility of the Pod-O-Games Administrator and his/her representatives.
Part V - Restrictive Measures for Violation of Regulations
- For violation of any item in Part III and Part IV, the following potential penalties are established according to their severity (each offence will be judged individually):
- warning by email with a deadline for resolution,
- alternative punishment agreed with the Pod-O-Games administrator or the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors,
- blocking of the service for a certain period of time, i.e. issuing a BAN on the basic membership of the Pod-O-Lee club and thus preventing access to the Pod-O-Games (issuing a BAN on the basic membership of the Pod-O-Lee club),
- blocking the service permanently, i.e. granting a BAN on the basic membership of the Pod-O-Lee club and thus preventing access to the Pod-O-Games,
- punishment by the disciplinary committees of the faculties of CTU,
- handing the matter over to the Police of the Czech Republic,
- financial compensation to the Pod-O-Lee club for damage caused by the user in the Pod-O-Games.
- The word BAN means blocking of basic membership for a definite or indefinite period of time.
- The sanction shall be decided by the Pod-O-Games Administrator in consultation with the Board of Directors of the Pod-O-Lee Club.
- All penalties may be revoked by the Pod-O-Games Administrator or the Board of Directors of the Pod-O-Lee Club.
Part VI - Final provisions
- These operating rules shall become effective immediately upon their posting at the Pod-O-Lee official page.