Contact to the admin of the room can be found in the Contacts.
Boargame club has a long tradition at the dormitory, through which we managed to collect a huge variety of board games. Relax, get to know people or participate in one of our tournaments.
The board games room can be accessed weekly on playing days or after an agreement with the board games admin with a group of your friends. Some of the games can be lent to take to your room. Visit our Facebook page to know a bit more about us.
The list of available boardgames is here.
WHERE? Room B206
WHEN? Usually on thursdays from 20:00
WHERE? Room B206
WHEN? Usually on mondays from 20:00
Board games room Operation Rules
Part I - Operator
The operator of the Board games room is the CTU Student Union (furthermore referred to as SU), address Na Lysině 772/12, 147 00 Prague 4-Podolí - IČO 67981224.
Part II - General data
The Board games room is a room intended primarily for playing board games. It is located at the block B second floor room B206.
Part III - Board games room operating rules
- Entry to the Board games room of the Pod-O-Lee club of the CTU Student Union (hereinafter referred to as Board games room) is only available to members of the Pod-O-Lee club who have a valid basic membership or who have been granted a waiver of this fee by the Board of Directors of the Pod-O-Lee club (hereinafter referred to as the Board of Directors) after a reservation has been properly made in the Olymp system and an email with the relevant information has been sent. For a description of how to become a member and instructions on how to pay dues, please visit the website here: https://pod.cvut.cz/platby/.
- A person who has paid the membership fee and uses the Board games room is called a Board games room user (furthermore referred to as the user) and by entering the room agrees to the Operating Rules of the Board games room Club Pod-O-Lee of the CTU Student Union (furthermore referred to as the Operating Rules) and agrees to obey them.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring visitors to the Board games room who are not members of the club and do not have an active membership, without the consent of the Board games club administrator, the appropriate reservation or the approval of the Pod-O-Lee board of directors.
- The user is obliged to keep order in the Board games room, especially during the night time (which is set to 22:00 - 7:00), so as not to disturb the inhabitants of the block. It is forbidden to move or remove furniture in the Board games room without the consent of the Board games club administrator or his/her representative or the Board of Directors of the Pod-O-Lee Club. The user shall treat the Board games room equipment with respect and handle it in a manner that will not damage it.
- It is prohibited to smoke, consume alcohol, take drugs, or enter the Board games room wearing shoes that leave any dirt. It is allowed to consume and bring in drinks and food that meet the following conditions:
- All beverages must be in any leak proof container with a resealable lid that is sealed immediately after drinking.
- All food must be in sealable containers. (In the case of non-packaged food, it must be brought in some sort of leak-proof, sealable container.)
- Neither food nor beverages shall contain addictive or psychotropic substances.
- All food and beverage packaging must be removed by the user when leaving the premises or use the appropriate mixed waste bins in the Board games room.
- The user must keep the floor, tables, shelves and other equipment in the Board games room clean. In the event that the user damages the Board games room equipment or the Board games room itself, this must be addressed immediately with the Board games club administrator or, if possible, an attempt must be made to prevent the problem from spreading and then reported immediately to the Board games club administrator or his/her representative. If damage is found to the room equipment or the room itself, the user must report it immediately to the Board games club administrator or his/her representative.
- Upon leaving, the user shall check the condition of the room he/she has been using until then and return it to its original state and clean it up. Chairs must be returned to their original location. If he/she is the last user in the room, he/she must return the room to its original condition, i.e. close the windows, turn off the lights, check and tidy the rest of the room if necessary and close the entrance door. Upon leaving, the user must hand over the keys to the room to the Board games club administrator or his/her representative.
- The user shall not disturb others, e.g. by loud music, and shall immediately turn it down at the request of the residents or the Board games room Administrator or representative of the Administrator. If the person’s actions are disturbing someone else and does not stop the activity when asked, the person conducting the activity may be penalized for violating the rules according to section 13!
- There is a wireless wifi network in the room and when using it, the user must follow the Academic Network Usage Policy as well as the IP Usage Policy for the SU Pod-O-Lee Club computer network.
- The Board games room must be reserved using the reservation system, reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance and notified to email@example.com. The message must include: first name, last name, ID, date, and the specific time from XX:XX to XX:XX hours at which the person wishes to reserve the room. The room can be rented for a maximum of 6 hours. Another reservation can only be made after 12 hours have passed from the end of the previous reservation. At the end of the reservation, the reserved room must be restored to its original state.
- In justified cases, the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors or the Board games club Administrator may grant a one-time exception to these rules.
- Users of the Board games room must follow the instructions of the Board games club Administrator, his/her designee, or the Board of Directors. Failure to obey this rule is a violation of Board games room rules!
- Any violation of the operating rules will be punished according to the restrictive measures listed below, or the rules of the Pod-O-Lee Club, or according to the applicable laws of the Czech Republic.
- By entering the room, all visitors agree to the taking of video footage that may be used in the event of a rule violation. The handling of CCTV footage is regulated in the IP CCTV system. Cameras may not be covered or manipulated with in any way.
- Neither the administrators nor the Pod-O-Lee Club are responsible for the personal belongings (e.g. money, electronics, clothing, etc.) of Board games room users.
- Users of the Board games room use the equipment in the room at their own risk, making sure that all equipment is free of defects prior to use, and if a defect is found, they are required to report the defect to the Board games club Administrator or his/her representative.
- The Board games club Administratoris responsible for the management of the room and for the enforcement of its rules and regulations.
- In the event that a user finds an item belonging to another user, the user shall bring the item to the Board games club Administrator or the his/her representative.
Part IV - Restrictive Measures for Violation of Regulations
- For violation of any item in Part III and Part IV, the following potential penalties are established according to their severity (each offence will be judged individually):
- warning by email with a deadline for resolution,
- alternative punishment agreed with the Board games room administrator or the Pod-O-Lee Club Board of Directors,
- blocking of the service for a certain period of time, i.e. issuing a BAN on the basic membership of the Pod-O-Lee club and thus preventing access to the Board games room (issuing a BAN on the basic membership of the Pod-O-Lee club),
- blocking the service permanently, i.e. granting a BAN on the basic membership of the Pod-O-Lee club and thus preventing access to the Board games room,
- punishment by the disciplinary committees of the faculties of CTU,
- handing the matter over to the Police of the Czech Republic,
- financial compensation to the Pod-O-Lee club for damage caused by the user in the Board games room.
- The word BAN means blocking of basic membership for a definite or indefinite period of time.
- The sanction shall be decided by the Board games club Administrator in consultation with the Board of Directors of the Pod-O-Lee Club.
- All penalties may be revoked by the Board games club Administrator20or the Board of Directors of the Pod-O-Lee Club.
Part V - Final provisions
These operating rules shall become effective immediately upon their posting at the Pod-O-Lee official page.